July 18, 2018
You know this feeling, when you are counting the days and preparing for the dream trip and suddenly you don't even realise how, you are back in your apartment, sitting and sipping your morning coffee, thinking i want to go back...That's how i feel right now...
NEW YORK! I don't even know what to start with!
This city is just so alive, like nowhere else.... not London, not Tokyo or even my beloved L.A.
Of course alive means also loud and chaotic, but it's pulsing with the right energy that gives you a daily motivational kick!
In NYC there is like a million of things to do, to see. I made a clear schedule with the most important things for me to see during my first stay in the so-called Big Apple ( i turned my full tourist mode). But the second time i went, was already much more relaxed and it made me feel the real New York vibe, the reason why i truly fell in love with this city.
Things to do and see when visiting NYC:
1. Have a walk through the Brooklyn Bridge and definitely make some photos!! :)
( if you want to avoid the crowd, go there as early as you can, cause this place can get really crowded)
2. Visit DUMBO area, one of my favourite parts of NYC, from where you get to enjoy the greatest view of Manhattan.
3. High line is a must too. It's an elevated linear park on the west side of Manhattan.
4. Climb up the Top of the Rock - in my opinion much better than going to the Empire State's Rooftop, from where you can't see the Empire State Building, cause you're standing on it... and what's the NYC view without this famous skyscraper in it, right?!
5. Sit in Central Park and just watch people! i honestly love doing it and lots of New Yorkers too, trust me! so watch out, you are being observed ... but you can also take a boat at the lake or rent a bike to ride around, if you can't sit in one place ;P
6. Soho and Little Italy - the other parts
on Manhattan that are really worth seeing,
especially if you want to do some shopping or rather window shopping, which is often my activity. In this neighbourhood, there are also plenty of cool and stylish restaurants/coffee places, but more about it later.
7. Metropolitan Museum of Arts - MET - one of the best museums i've ever been too! seriously, there is so much to see, that one day is not enough, in fact when you buy a ticket it's valid for 3 days!! so use it wisely!
8. Next on the list would be seeing the Flatiron building - the New York City landmark.
9. If you want to find a perfect spot for reading a book or drinking your coffee go to the Washington Square Park. By the way, it's also a very instagrammable spot, so use it to the fullest ;)
10. Have a walk through the Financial district - get the feeling of Wall Street. That's also the area where you find the Charging Bull and the Fearless Girl, the symbols of Wall Street. And while you are there, you should go see the 9/11 Memorial and One World Trade Center, which are to reach within walking distance.
Where to eat and drink?
My favorite coffee places:
Cha cha matcha (for matcha lovers like me)
Restaurants I would recommend:
Cava - the healthy type of a Mediterranean fast food.
Russ & Daughters - a perfect breaksfast/brunch place
Grazie - Upper East side italian food.
Tavern on the Green - an iconic, landmark restaurant right in Central Park.
and don't forget about 1 Dollar pizza places :) always a perfect solution for a sudden hunger! you can find them anywhere on Manhattan!
Skylark - this is definitely one of my favorite places in NYC. The view is just breathtaking!
Mr. Purple - a fancy rooftop bar with an outdoor swimming pool.
Gallow Green - a roof lounge with a garden vibe, also serving great food.
230 Fifth Rooftop Bar - another place with a stunning view of Empire State Building worth enjoying.
Hope you will have as much fun in New York City as i had and that my tips will be useful to You. <3
Dear New York, thanks for having me. We had a blast together, i'll see You certainly soon....