Quite recently i had an opportunity to visit the Kiehl's Store, get a professional skin analysis and choose a proper skin care for my face.
I've never had a chance to actually try their products, but i've always heard some great reviews, so, I was even more excited to see if my experience would be similar.
I spent literally two hours in the Store talking with a very qualified Kiehls' specialist. He explained me everything very carefully about skin routine, how to properly cleanse and hydrate skin, so i thought i would share with you some things.
Apparently, i got to know that my skin at that time was only 50 % hydrated. It's strongly influenced by the lifestyle i lead, since i'm spending lots of hours on the plane or on the train, where the air-condition is also not helping, i need to find better solutions for my hydration. Even if i think i drink enough water, lots of it is absorbed differently and it doesn't reach my skin to be fully hydrated from inside. So, one thing is to drink plenty of water, but the other is to have a well balanced skin care routine.
1. The first important thing is to cleanse your skin well from all the dirt and make up that gathered through the day.
2. After this stage the toner is a must - i got to test Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner and it fits me perfectly. I put just a few drops on my hands and gently apply it on my face. For this process you shouldn't use any cotton pads. it's a waste, cause half of the toner would stay inside it and not on your face. Like that, you can enjoy your cosmetics even longer. ;)
3. Now comes the magic of Serum , the one i'm recently using is Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate and I really feel that it's a game changer. Serums get deeper into your skin to deliver active ingredients and increases skin hydration.
4. After that step it's time for a moisturising day cream with SPF or a night cream, depends what hour it is :)
5. In my evening routine as a final touch i use Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocadoand i leave quite a thick layer of it overnight.
The next morning i start my day with the step 1 and i'm ready to conquer the world!. :)
Let me know how you like Kiehl's products, if you ever tried them and which one is your favourite one.
*in friendly cooperation with KIEHL'S